The 82nd annual Geneva International Motor Show will be held March 8-18, 2012 at the Geneva Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland.
With more than 260 exhibitors occupying a total of 110,000 square meters of exhibition space, the Geneva International Motor Show attracts more than 700,000 visitors each year. For the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, 140 World and European Premiers were presented in the sectors of automobiles, specialised body designers/builders and preparation/tuning specialists, plus 40 World and European Premiers in the sectors of accessories, parts, OEM providers and garage equipment suppliers.As with every year, visitors will are able to discover the latest technologies and see the new models from more than 30 of the world’s major manufacturers.
Highlights of the 2012 Geneva International Motor Show include:
- Ferrari debuted the F12berlinetta, which ushers in the new generation of Prancing Horse V12s, offering 0-100 km/h in 3.1 seconds and a top speed over 340 km/h, i.e. the fastest Ferrari ever built;
- Bentley launched the EXP 9 F, a luxury SUV Design Concept that is new terrain for the Bentley brand;
- Rolls-Royce presented the Phantom Series II, featuring significant improvements in design, drive-train and technology;
- Maserati unveiled the GranTurismo Sport, with a restyled bodywork and powered by a 4.7-litre V8 engine that delivers 460 HP;
- Infiniti revealed the stylish EMERG-E, the brand’s first mid-engined, range extending electric sports concept car;
- Lamborghini wowed with its Aventador J concept, a barchetta-like version of its top supercar.
The Geneva International Motor Show 2012 will be open on weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on the weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. To better spread out the number of visitors during the day and to also enhance their comfort through less crowding, a discount of 50% on the price of an entry ticket will be made after 4:00 p.m.
For more information, visit www.salon-auto.ch/en.
Geneva International Motor Show 2012 – Photo Gallery (click image for larger picture)
[Source: Geneva Motor Show]