The Portland Historic Races 2010 were held July 9-11 at the 12-turn, 1.967 mile Portland International Raceway in Oregon. Produced and sanctioned by HMSA, the 34th annual event featured an entry list of approximately 150 historic race cars.
The Baxter Auto Parts Portland Historic Races celebrated 100 years of Alfa Romeo by hosting a race group comprised solely of cars from the Italian marque.
Throughout its rich history, Alfa Romeos have carried hundreds of champions over the finish line and the vintage races at Portland International were no exception.
With its open paddock, the Portland Historics allowed spectators the opportunity to see race cars up close and interact with the drivers and crew. The event also featured a display of more than 700 collector cars and hot rods, a food and wine pavilion, a kid zone, an autocross and a vendor midway.
The Portland Historics is as a fundraiser for the Community Transitional School, a Portland-based organization that provides important educational services to children who are homeless or otherwise at risk of school failure.
Similar to the 2009 Portland Historic Races, photographer Dennis Gray was at Portland International Raceway to document this year’s racing action. To see more of Dennis’ pictures, visit www.dennisgrayphotographer.com.
Portland Historic Races 2010 – Results and Photo Gallery
Portland Historics 2010 – Group One Race Results (Early Production)
1. Jacqulyn Mincheff – Lotus Eleven
2. Bill Babcock – Peyote Mk II
3. John Miller – Hatch Park Special
4. Bill Hart – Devin TR
5. Don Pepperdene – Leech FV
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Two Race Results (Formula Atlantic)
1. David Rugh – Ralt RT5
2. Todd Smathers – Ralt RT1
3. Bert Skidmore – March 722
4. Ron Emmerson – Ralt RT5
5. Tom Stapleton – Brabham BT38
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Three Race Results (FIA Sports Racing Cars)
1. Keith Frieser – Lola T290
2. Scott Emerson – Lola T212
3. Brian Groza – Sauber C4
4. Ron Tribble – Chevrolet Camaro
5. Robert Ames – Lola T592
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Four Race Results (Big Bore Production)
1. Curt Kaliberg – Chevrolet Corvette
2. Jim Reed – Chevrolet Camaro
3. Jim Halsey – Shelby GT350
4. Terry Miller – Chevrolet Corvette
5. John McKenna Jr. – Shelby GT350
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Five Race Results (European Sports Cars)
1. Arnie Loyning – Lotus Elan
2. Geoff Mattei – Ginetta G12
3. Jack Hinze – Lotus Super 7
4. Peter Gerhart – Ginetta G4
5. Stan Rinne – Ginetta G4
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Six Race Results (Formula and Sports Racing Cars)
1. Chuck O’Connor – Winkelmann WDF2
2. John Ballantyne – Titan Mk 4
3. Carl McLelland – Lotus 61
4. Chris Schoap – Titan Mk 6
5. Tommy Morgan – Lotus 51
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Seven Race Results (Small Bore Production)
1. Dennis Racine – Morris Cooper S
2. Will Hart Jr. – MG B
3. Pat Fitzsimons – Elva Courier
4. Mike Zubko – Porsche 356
5. Mike Alestad – N/A
Portland Historics 2010 – Group Eight Race Results (Alfa Romeo Feature)
1. Fred Della Noce – Alfa Romeo GTA M
2. Anthony Rimicci – Alfa Romeo GT Jr.
3. Don Forrester – Alfa Romeo GTV
4. Mike Alestad – N/A
5. Bernard Basil – Alfa Romeo Sprint
Portland Historic Races 2010 – Photo Gallery (click image for larger photo and description)
Purchase Dennis Gray Photos
See any photos that you’d like on your wall at home? We offer top-quality prints of any Dennis Gray photo shipped to your address of choice. We encourage you to purchase photos for yourself and the vintage racing enthusiasts among your family and friends. Prices are as follows:
8″ x 10″ = $24.00 (printed to edge or 1/2″ white border right, left, top and 1″ bottom)
16″ x 20″ = $44.00 (printed to edge or 2″ white border right, left, top and 3″ bottom)
20″ x 30″ = $54.00 (printed to edge or 2″ white border right, left, top and 3″ bottom)
Prices include shipping within the United States and Canada. (International Buyers: please inquire about total cost). To order any Dennis Gray picture, send payment via PayPal to email@example.com or via cash/check to:
903 Pine St., Ste. 30
San Francisco, CA. 94108
Please specify the specific picture(s), print size, border choice and delivery address. Items will ship within 1-2 business days after receipt of payment.
[Source: Portland Historics; photo credit: Dennis Gray]
Fantastic shots as usual, I really like the perspective of the cars coming into the corner,great angle. Can’t wait till your next report!