The first race of the 10-race SVRA vintage car racing season was held March 17-20, 2010 at the famed Sebring International Raceway in Sebring, Florida. Held in conjunction with the 12 Hours of Sebring, the event is held on the same 3.7 mile, 17-turn track that is home to the American Le Mans Series race.
Since the vintage racers share track time with their modern brethren at Sebring, SVRA has to group cars together much differently, opting for two race sessions – Vintage and Historic – instead of the normal six to eight pairings.
The “Vintage Group” included cars manufactured and prepared to 1969 and earlier racing specifications, while the “Historic Group” included cars with post-1970 specifications, regardless of year of manufacture and certain earlier cars deemed more appropriate for this group.
Photographer Hal Crocker documented this year’s SVRA 12 Hours of Sebring vintage race with a wonderful collection of pictures. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. To see more of Hal’s work, visit www.teamunicorn.com.
2010 SVRA 12 Hours of Sebring Vintage Race Group Results (7 laps)
1. Dennis Olthoff, 1966/2005 Ford GT40 Mk II, Mt. Ulla, NC (Fastest lap of 2:20.687)
2. Sam Viviano, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, McDonald, PA
3. Richard Lind, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, Noblesville, IN
4. Travis Engen, 1962 Lotus 23B, Weston, CT
5. Tom Yeager, 1964 Merlyn Mk 6a, Naples, FL
6. Peter McLaughlin, 1962 Lotus 23B, Hanover, NH
7. Jim Heck, 1964 Chevrolet Corvette, Findlay, OH
8. Andre Herke, 1968 BMW 2002, Sarasota, FL
9. Dan Mershon, 1969 Ford GT40 Mk II, Springfield, OH
10. Bruce Ellsworth, 1968 Porsche 911, Jupiter, FL
2010 SVRA 12 Hours of Sebring Historic Race Group Results (7 laps)
1. Kenny Bupp, 1993 Chevrolet Camaro T/A, Fort Lauderdale, FL
2. Jeff Bernatovich, 1990 Chevrolet Corvette, Brewerton, NY
3. Henry Gilbert, 1999 Chevrolet Corvette C5/Z06, Miramar, FL
4. Ralph Thomas, 1986 Argo JM19C, Highlands, NC (Fastest lap of 2:12.734)
5. Ritter/Hinton, 1969 Lola T70 Mk IIIB, St. Petersburg, FL
6. Kenneth McKinnon, 1972 Porsche 911 RSR, Odessa, FL
7. Zitza/Branom, 1973 Porsche 911 RSR, Maitland, FL
8. Lee Giannone, 1971 Porsche 914/6, Yardley, PA
9. Lloyd Sutherland, 1987 Swift DB2, Boca Raton, FL
10. Nort Northam, 1972 Porsche 911, Winter Park, FL
2010 SVRA 12 Hours of Sebring Photo Gallery (Click image for larger photo and description; credit: Hal Crocker)
I wish to send you some photos of my model,in scale 1/12,
PORSCHE 935 MONOTURBO.
Do you inrest to publish ?
Hal Crocker’s photos here are just wonderful. This could be turned into a book with a story. I really enjoyed these…amazing!