RM Sotheby’s Motor City auction is the official auction of the Concours d’Elegance of America at the Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth, Michigan, and this year’s July 30 auction features a carefully curated roster of 70 blue-chip motor cars, led by American classics, sports and muscle cars, complemented by a selection of top European sports cars. Among the top offerings scheduled for bidding are:
- A 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Berlinetta (above, Darin Schnabel photo courtesy of RM Sotheby’s) of European specification, complete with original numbers-matching engine and accompanied by books and tools;
- A 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition, the most desirable Ford GT with just 9,700 miles on its odometer;
- A 1934 Pierce-Arrow Eight Silver Arrow, the first production Silver Arrow built, and one of just five known surviving examples;
- A matching-numbers 1955 Jaguar XK 140 MC Drophead Coupe, a well-sorted example with extensive touring history;
- A 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air fuel-injected convertible, among the most desirable of all ’50s convertibles, dazzling in Lakespur Blue; and,
- An all-original 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, just two private owners and 17,600 miles from new.
A complete list of all 70 vehicles set for the Motor City podium is available in the digital auction catalogue at https://www.rmsothebys.com