One of the highlights of this weekend’s Classic Car Celebrations in Monterey, California, will be Friday’s 13th renewal of The Quail, an event that’s not just a celebration of the finest classic motorcars and the luxury motoring lifestyle, but also a stage for major automotive industry debuts. This Friday The Quail will feature premieres from some of the world’s leading luxury marques:
- Lamborghini will present the world debut of the new Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce Roadster. Production of this 750-horsepower, V12 powered flagship roadster will be limited to 500 units.
- The 1/1 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 futuristic concept design will make its West Coast debut as a statement of modern British luxury. The high performance two-seater is a potential future model for Bentley, using modern automotive design, highly skilled handcrafting, the finest materials and advanced performance technology.
- David Brown Automotive will debut the Speedback GT in the American market, a year after its European unveiling. Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Britain, the made-to-order Speedback GT heralds a new era for GT models, showcasing a classically styled car with modern mechanicals, reliability and comforts.
- Maserati will show a range of flagship sedans and special editions, including the 100th Anniversary Neiman Marcus Limited-Edition Maserati Ghibli S Q4, with only 100 units made available exclusively at $95,000.
- Infiniti will put guests behind the wheel with an interactive in-field display of the Q60 Convertible Sport concept with the Oculus Rift DK2 simulator. Guests will also have the opportunity to interact with the Infiniti Red Bull Racing Show Car, Q50 Sedan and see first hand how the QX30 concept car is designed through a three-dimensional Virtual Reality simulation.
The Quail 2015’s featured classes will include Coachbuilt Ferraris, Long Tail Cars of Le Mans and Iconic Pre-1965 Porsches. The traditional classes will include: Pre-War Sports and Racing, Post-War Racing, Post-War Sports, Sports and Racing Motorcycles, The Great Ferraris and Supercars.
The Quail’s Fireside Chat Series celebrates icons in the racing world. This year, German Formula One star Jochen Mass will be on stage to tell tales from his career. Mass will be joined by British sports car racing legend Derek Bell and his son, Justin, who’s now a U.S.-based media personality.