Until the early 1960s, Ferrari produced strictly front-engined sports cars for racing, but by 1963 Ferrari had begun building rear-engined sports cars for competition. The results were good indeed, with the successful sports-prototype 250P taking wins at the 12 Hours of Sebring, the Nürburgring 1000 Kilometers and 24 Heurs du Mans. For 1964, Ferrari continued its winning formula by converting all the 250Ps to 275Ps, again taking the win at both Sebring and Le Mans. Here, the Scuderia Ferrari Team 275Ps are being prepared prior to the 1964 24 Heures du Mans. Driven by Jean Guichet and Nino Vaccarella, car No. 20 won the race.