The David Love Memorial Vintage Races was held on April 9 -11 at Sonoma Raceway. The event pays tribute to David Love, one of Classic Sports Racing Group (CSRG) founders who passed away in 2013. David Love commenced racing in the 1950s, and later purchased the vehicle he would always be identified, a 1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa. He raced in over 250 events before retiring in 2009.
Some notable and interesting entrants at the 2021 CSRG David Love Memorial vintage races include:
- Ned Spiker’s 1957 Maserati 200SI
- Robert Brayton’s 1966 Ford Shelby GT 350
- Joseph Rossi’s 1964 Porsche 356C
- Nicholas Colonna’s 1958 Devin SS
- Tim Barnes 1951 Jaguar XK 120
- Andrew Wait’s 1965 Mini Cooper
- Robert Stokers’ 1956 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
At the trackside for the season opener was Sports Car Digest’s Expert Photographer, Dennis Gray.
The unauthorized use and/or duplication of any editorial or photographic content from sportscardigest.com without express and written permission from the publisher is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to sportscardigest.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.