The Mecum Rogers Classic Car Museum auction was held February 27-28, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada, resulting in $9,529,350 in total sales. The collection of more than 230 cars brought standing-room-only crowds of more than 3,000 bidders and spectators.
Proceeds from the sale benefited The Rogers Foundation, which supports arts and education in Southern Nevada. Beverly Rogers, wife of the late Jim Rogers, was present to help see the cars off to their new owners and to show support for the Foundation’s mission.“There are really good people in this town, and Jim was passionate about making it a better place to live,” said Rogers. “The future is in the children and making sure they’re educated because it’s the only thing that will build a foundation for a better life.”
The 230-plus-car Rogers Classic Car Museum consisted of a primarily American classics sprinkled with European luxury rides. Top sales included several Rolls-Royces including a 1962 Mulliner Drophead Coupe (Lot S120), which hammered at $320,000 and a 2010 Phantom Drophead Coupe (Lot S128), which brought a $232,500 high bid.
Mecum Rogers Classic Car Museum 2015 – Top Ten Auction Results (sales reflect hammer prices)
1. 1962 Rolls-Royce Mulliner Drophead Coupe (Lot S120) – $320,000
2. 2010 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe (Lot S128) – $232,500
3. 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster (Lot S124) – $200,000
4. 1956 Dual-Ghia Convertible (Lot S127) – $190,000
5. 2009 Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe (Lot S129) – $185,000
6. 2007 Rolls-Royce Phantom Sedan (Lot S231) – $150,000
7. 1953 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Lot S125) – $135,000
8. 1995 Rolls-Royce Corniche IV (Lot S111) – $115,000
9. 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S116) – $100,000
10. 1953 Oldsmobile Fiesta Convertible (Lot S122) – $100,000
For complete results, visit Mecum.com.
The next Mecum Auctions 2015 sale will be the offering of the E.J. Cole Motorcycle Collection of more than 220 vintage and antique motorcycles March 20-21 at South Point Casino and Exhibit Hall in Las Vegas. March 27-28 will see more than 400 original double-sided porcelain neon signs cross Mecum’s block in West Memphis, Arkansas, followed by a 1,000-collector-car auction in Houston April 9-11.
For more information or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.