In the market for a Dodge Viper with strobe lights? If so, you are in luck as that very car is included in the Champ Car World Series assets auctioned off June 3rd at the Champ Car headquarters in Indianapolis.
Champ Car filed for bankruptcy March 5th in Indianapolis, after its owners agreed to a merger plan with the Indy Racing League. The last Champ Car race was held at Long Beach last month.
Additional items on the block include a race car, several pace cars, trucks, CART memorabilia, plus loads of racing equipment. The auction includes several very low mileage pace and safety cars, including:
– 1996 Dodge Viper with strobe lights
– Several 1980s Chevrolet Camaros, including a 450hp IROC convertible
– Several Ford Mustangs, including a 400hp SVO convertible
– 1992 Dodge Stealth
– 2007 MazdaSpeed 6
– 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible with gold paint
– Red Lola race car that hung in the lobby
– Reynard Cosworth show car without engine
– Eight transport trailers
– 20 timing boxes
– Six radar guns, including a Stalker sports model
For the winning bidders of the pace and safety cars, there are many extra parts also up for auction, including seats, suspension parts, tires and brake systems. CART memorabilia includes a large number of racing suits, helmets, shirts and artwork.
The inventory of Champ Car assets in the auction is updated daily. Bids will also be accepted online, with previews of the items on May 22nd and June 2nd. For a complete list and auction details, go to Gallivan Auctioneers.
Trades for F-1 cars if FOTA takes over???
We’d have a paddle for that auction. Wow.