The Artcurial Motorcars Le Mans Classic auction will be staged Saturday 7th July 2012 at the Le Mans 24 Hours Circuit in France. Artcurial assembled a selection of 130 collector and competition motor cars for their 2012 Le Mans Classic auction, with 70% of the lots offered at no reserve.
The Artcurial Le Mans Classic 2012 sale has a strong competition bias and features cars that have participated – and in many cases won – highly prestigious races. With estimates between €1,300,000 and €1,600,000, collectors will have the choice of a 1966 Ferrari 275 GTC which won the 1966 Nurburgring 1000km, a Porsche 908, winner at Zellweg, or the only world champion Audi R10 TD1 factory prototype in private hands. Peugeot is well represented, with a 1938 Darl’mat 402 and a 1991 905 which participated in the Le Mans 24 Hour race for three consecutive years (no reserve).
Additional highlights of the Artcurial Le Mans Classic 2012 include:
• Four Ligier cars, including the 1974 JS2 which won the 1974 Tour de France and came second in the 1975 Le Mans 24 Hour Race (estimate €750,000 – 1,100,000), the 1970 JS1 with excellent racing provenance (€450,000 – 650,000) and the 1978 F1 11/15 which won the 1980 Hockenheim GP, driven by Laffite (€200,000 – 250,000).
• 1966 AC Cobra 427 (estimate €500,000 – 600,000).
• Collection belonging to Claude Le Guézec, former Matra race director.
• Collection belonging to Michel Pignard, who has participated in the Le Mans 24 Hour race 11 times and was runner-up in the French hillclimb championship.
• Heuliez Collection comprising 40 prototypes offered at no reserve, and presented in a separate catalogue.
Matthieu Lamoure, Director of Artcurial Motorcars, commented, “What other sale can proudly present at least ten cars that have won legendary races, a manufacturer’s collection of prototypes (Heuliez), several collections of GT cars, and offer 70% of these at no reserve!”
Artcurial Le Mans Classic 2012 – Auction Information
Sale: Saturday 7 July 2012
Preview: Friday 6 July to Saturday 7 July
Location: 24 Hours Le Mans Circuit – France