The RM Auctions Villa d’Este 2013 sale will be held 25th May at Villa Erba on the shores of Lake Como, Italy, as part of the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este weekend.
The international team at RM Auctions assembled 40 vehicles for the biennial Villa Erba sale, headlined by the 1953 Ferrari 340/375 MM Berlinetta Competizione; 1905 FIAT 60HP Five-Passenger Touring; 1962 Ferrari 400 Superamerica SWB Coupe Aerodinamico; 1930 Bugatti Type 46 Coupe Superprofilee; 1933 MG K3 Magnette; 1947 Cisitalia 202 MM Nuvolari Spider and 1927 Bugatti Type 37 Grand Prix; among the long list of impressive offerings.
In 2011, RM’s debut Lake Como auction generated more than €23 million in sales during two hours of bidding. As many as six lots garnered million-euro-plus results, with two lots surpassing the €3 million mark. Bidders represented more than 23 countries around the world. (See RM Auctions Villa d’Este 2011 – Auction Report)
Additional 2013 RM Auction Concorso Villa d’Este Highlights Include:
- 1929 Bentley 4 1/2-Litre Open Tourer, chassis FB3317, fitted with its original Vanden Plas coachwork and documented in detail by noted Bentley expert Clare Hay (Est. €530.000 – €690.000);
- 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Tourer, chassis 82OR, that served as the official transport for then Princess Elizabeth during her state visit to Kenya in 1952 (Est. €340.000 – €420.000);
- 1955 Lancia Aurelia B24S Spider, chassis B24S 1147, one of only 114 surviving examples (Est. €500.000 – €600.000);
- Matching-numbers 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB, chassis 07743, originally shown at the 1965 Frankfurt International Motor Show (Est. €750.000 – €850.000);
- Ferrari Classiche certified, matching-numbers 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Series II Cabriolet by Pininfarina, chassis 2533GT (Est. €680.000 – €780.000);
- 1997 Ferrari F50, chassis 106910, (Est. €420.000 – €480.000);
- Low mileage, single-owner 2004 Ferrari Enzo, chassis 138347, complete with tools, books and documentation, and recently serviced by Ferrari Classiche (Est. €760.000 – €880.000);
- 2010 Ferrari 599XX, chassis 170895, one of only 29 examples built (Est. €800.000 – €1.100.000);
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS, chassis 07189, presented in its elegant, and seldom-seen, original colours (Est. €650.000 – €780.000); and
- 1964 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta, chassis 5275GT, with matching-numbers and Ferrari Classiche certification (Est. €670.000 – €770.000).
RM Auctions’ Villa Erba sale will also lift the gavel on a significant 1960 Riva Tritone Special Cadillac “Ribot III”, hull 132. Historically, Riva has declined all custom orders with the exception of one, Ribot III. Commissioned by Achille Roncoroni, an industrialist and accomplished mariner from Como who also represented Italy in sailing at the 1948 Olympic Games, Ribot III was to be the biggest, best and most powerful Riva of the Golden Era. Upon completion, Ribot III’s 8.3-meter hull and 325 horsepower Cadillac Crusader Mariner V-8 lived up to these expectations. Presented in restored condition, it boasts just two owners from new and is offered for the first time in more than 40 years (Est. €500.000 – €700.000). In addition to Ribot III, the sale will also feature a 1956 Riva Ariston Cadillac “Slughi”, hull 101, one of only six Aristons fitted with the 250 horsepower Cadillac engine in 1956, and the only surviving example from that year (Est. €180.000 – €220.000).
Admission to the preview and auction requires the purchase of an official auction catalogue for €70. The catalogue admits two and must be presented at the entrance to the sale to be granted entry. Bidder registration is €120 and includes an official auction catalogue and admission for two to the preview and auction.
For additional information, contact RM’s London Office at +44 (0) 20 7851 7070 or visit rmauctions.com.