Mecum Auction held the ’57 Heaven Museum Auction on October 24, 2009 at the Dick Clark American Bandstand Theater in Branson, Missouri. Mecum Auction sold hundreds of items from the museum’s unique collection of 1957 vehicles, authentic storefronts and automotive memorabilia, with total gross sales over $7 million (excluding buyer’s premium).
“The Mecum team gathered a record number of pre-registered and registered bidders to buy pieces from the museum’s incredible collection of cars, collectibles and re-created ’50s-era storefronts like a drive-in movie and service station,” said President Dana Mecum. “The ’57 Heaven Museum drew an international crowd as well, with interested buyers from around the world – including Australia, Japan, South Africa and England – making purchases.”
Attendees at the ’57 Heaven Museum Auction bid on more than 75 classic cars and motorcycles of all makes and models. Also up for bid were neon and metal signs; vintage men’s and women’s clothing; furniture; books; magazines; vintage movie posters; and children’s toys.
The ’57 Heaven Museum Top 10 Sales (all sales reflect hammer prices) were:
1. 1957 Chrysler Dual Ghia Convertible (Lot S7) at $300,000
2. 1957 DeSoto Adventurer Convertible (Lot S61) at $250,000
3. 1957 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (Lot S56) at $245,000
4. 1957 Chevrolet El Morocco Convertible (Lot S26) at $230,000
5. 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S55) at $210,000
6a. (Tie) 1957 Chrysler New Yorker Convertible (Lot S28) at $195,000
6b. (Tie) 1957 Buick Super Convertible (Lot S29) at $195,000
8. 1957 Pontiac Chieftain John Zink Co. Record Setter (Lot S60) at $192,500
9. 1957 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Convertible (Lot S4) at $190,000
10. 1957 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible (Lot S31) at $172,500
Complete auction results are available www.mecum.com.